European Patent Attorney Bernhard Gilch
Mr. Gilch gained work experience and technical expertise in the industry and at research institutions in Germany, Korea and Japan after finishing his degree in electrical engineering. He started his career in the field of intellectual property as patent engineer at a patent firm in 2003. He enlarged his legal knowledge at a graduate law school in the UK and passed the European Qualifying Examination before he joined our firm in 2018. As a consultant at our firm, Mr. Gilch supports our clients in cooperation with our firm’s Japanese patent attorneys in matters of patent prosecution, patent litigation and freedom to operate and prior art analysis. In particular, Mr. Gilch provides his technical and strategic expertise in order to obtain strong and enforceable patent rights on the global stage and manages our international patent department.
Fields of Expertise
Leading international patent prosecution in cross professional environments at the IP 5 offices; Supporting litigation proceedings in Japan and Europe; preparations of expert opinion for patent invalidation searches, freedom-to-operate analysis in Japan and Europe; preparation of opposition and invalidation argumentation for international proceedings at the IP 5 offices.
- Technical Fields
- Electrical engineering, especially signal processing and information technology; telecommunications-/computer networks, network protocols, high-frequency measurement and control system technology, LED technology, medical technology and automotive engineering
- European Patent Attorney EPO since 2018 (Reg. No. 09279450)
- Professional Career
2018 present Takewa International Patent Office
2003 Patent Engineer at a Patent Law Office
2002 Siemens AG (ICM-N), Siemens KK, Tokyo
2001 NTT Human Interface Laboratories, NTT-AT, Tokyo
2000 Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT), Giheung/ Republic of Korea
1998 Daimler-Chrysler Aerospace, Military Aircrafts, Manching/ Germany
- Diploma Engineer (Dipl. Ing. FH) University of Applied Sciences OTH Regensburg,
LL.M. Liverpool University, United Kingdom.
- Japanese Language Diploma Nakanuma Language School, Japan
Certified Patent Engineer Hagen University, Germany
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
Member of Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent
- German, Japanese, English, French